City of West Torrens commended in the Intranet Innovation Awards 2015
The Intranet Innovation Awards celebrates leading-edge approaches to intranets and the digital workplace. A panel of seven intranet experts from the UK, USA and Australia judged entries from 53 different organisations based on originality, staff impact and organisational benefits.
Amongst this year’s 18 winners and commended entries from around the globe is The City of West Torrens who received a commendation for their new Compass intranet built on SeamlessCMS.
In considering the West Torrens intranet project, the judges were particularly impressed with the following:
- Simple, uncluttered design
- Ability for all staff to post content
- Induction process linked to staff profiles
- Focus on search, document management and forms
- Extending the intranet to front-line staff
From the judges:
“Trust the people for a change” is a nice concept for an intranet. I like the wiki-like nature of the site and I’m sure it helps drive engagement in the materials. The UI is simple, clean and yet rich. Much to admire.
I am in love with the clean, uncluttered homepage design. The staff induction checklist integration into profiles is brilliant – talk about getting a new starter intranet-onside from day 1!
We’re pleased to see the City of West Torrens featured among such a prestigious group of international intranets such as Barclays Bank and Heineken. It was also one of only two Australian intranets featured in the report, the other being TAFE Queensland.
The report itself has many insights into what is trending in the intranet space.
Key themes of the report include:
- Smaller organisations deliver great intranets too
- Digital workplaces aren’t constrained by an intranet mindset
- Organisations are reimagining the way they resource teams
- Enterprise mobility has hit a speed bump
- Intranets and external digital channels are converging
- Central teams empower site managers by innovating
Congratulations to Dale and the City of West Torrens team, we are proud to have been a key part of this intranet project.
- Read our blog post about the City of West Torrens intranet
- See the full list of award winners and get a copy of the full report
- Attend a roadshow event near you
To find out how you can build an innovative intranet using SeamlessCMS get in touch.